If you're craving something a little more authentic than Chipotle or Moe's, check out these A+ Latin American restaurants:
1. Blend on the Water (4540 Center Blvd, Long Island City)
I went to this river-view restaurant for my birthday this past November. The food was exceptionally delicious, especially the Tostone Nachos as an appetizer. If you have a party larger than 8, I'd recommend making a reservation a few weeks in advance.
2. Viva Toro (188 Berry St, Williamsburg) My brother often describes the quesadillas as the best he's ever had. If you're feeling daring, you can even go for a ride on the mechanical bull.
3. Alma Restaurant (187 Columbia St, Cobble Hill)
This restaurant has 2 entrances: a ground-level door leading to the main bar, and a side door bringing you to a staircase that leads up to the main dining area. While it is a crammed space, this multi-level eatery offers a rooftop space with a stunning view of lower Manhattan.
4. Dos Caminos (Soho, Kips Bay, Meatpacking District, Midtown East) A very popular Mexican restaurant with four locations throughout the city. With a wide variety of meat, fish, and other Latin-fused eats, Dos Caminos is a sure thing.
5. Don Coqui (28-18 31st St, Astoria) Over the water in Astoria, this Puerto-Rican restaurant ties it all together: culture, food, and atmosphere.